Tuesday, March 23, 2010 | By: KarmaGirl

Mommy...this one's for you.

I am grabbing the essence of this before my baby hits her teen years and writes a different story about me. Before I realize that I need to start saving pennies, not for a rainy day or for an ivy league college but for the co-payments on her therapy sessions for the abuse that she will most certainly convince herself of that I put her through. Thats inevitable right?! She WILL despise me one day..I am most certain of it.



But wait...maybe there is some hope on the horizon after all.



As she put her pencil to her notebook, there was nothing but silence from the backseat as we made our 1,385,264th drive through Vasco's neverending 2 lane road. She had already written about becoming the most famous, most "rediculously" rich, sought after "creator" of the one and only Rainbow Caramel Fudge Ice Cream that "everyone from around the world would just go nuts for one cup of this ice cream" and about her "Robot Creation" that would do everything for her, so I could only imagine what would come next. (yes I realize that was a run on sentence...SUE ME). So 5, 4th grader paragraphs later, there it was. The Ode of all Ode's.







............MY MOM...........



My mom is kind, sweet, caring and loving. She helps me out with my problems whenever I'm feeling really sad or just a little blue.



Whenever she picks me up from school or daycare she picks me up on time, everytime. (she even punctuated it correctly..ohhhhh i am so proud right now). She's always being so close with me when we are having a conversation(s). (yes she really did do the (s) thing) Also she always takes care of me all of the time. She is always there for me.



She is a smart, responsible, funny and helarious person. (seriously..I did not pay her $$ for this one) She would always be fun by taking me to fun places.



She is the bestest mom ever. No other mom can beat her, ever. (I know...really?!) She rocks off my socks. (you hear it here first people)



She always folds my laundry, but of course I still help her because she is my mom. Sometimes when I am very good, she will either take me somewhere cool or fun. OR, she would get me or give me something.



She is just so amazing to me. Everything she does is amazing and I just love it. Also, she is always turning up the good songs in the car or in the house so I can have fun and dance or when she is cooking me something.



She has another daughter named Emma, she's my sister and she is about two or three feet and she has light-white skin. She has curly, dark red hair and crystal clear blue eyes. (yes I now I make them beautiful). She is so adorable and funny.



And the rest about my mom is that she is about 5ft4 and she has almost dirty blonde hair. (WHEW..thank you baby for not GUESSING mommy's weight...kisses). She even has beautiful eyes and a cute smile. I love her more than chocolate or anything else. The End.



Now explain to me how you don't cherish this moment. How you don't thank your lucky stars that God placed this little morsel of wonderment into your life. This little spiral notebook, one page, Ode to her mommy made for the most perfect moment in a not so perfect world. Thank you Brianna for being mommy's Morsel of Wonderment.

5 comments:

Yolie said...

OMG. Love this post! From one awesome mom to another.... good job! isnt it funny that the things we just do for our families are kind of set on auto-pilot? Well, reading this make me know that our kids do notice and do appreciate.

Tracy said...

Very nice! Following you from MBC....
Tracy
http://thedailymomdiaries.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

now following from mbc :)

Jennifer
www.lebedafamily.blogspot.com

Show Me Mama said...

Very nice post. Thanks for sharing! I am your new follower from http://showmemama.blogspot.com/

shelley said...

hey there,
thanks so much for popping by, I love meeting new friends, i'm following along now too! little girls say the sweetest things, but yup you got it out of that oooo sooo sweet mouth when her tween years will hit the "i hate you" will come out and it stings! but the good news is it is temporary! my oldest and i have been so close since she was a child and now in about 5 weeks she's graduating from college, and I can't wait to have her "home again!" well maybe just for a while lol..
shelley :)

Post a Comment